Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency and Fellowship Programs
The Rusk Institute offers trainees a three-year path to achieve broad clinical competency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
We are committed to clinical training, emphasizing a well balanced, hands-on experience in physiatry that prepares residents equally well for careers in general physiatry or physiatry subspecialties.
Our Vision Statement
- Being the best training program in PM&R, brain injury medicine and sports medicine in the United States.
- Attracting exceptional students and residents by maintaining a strong, solid reputation and aligning the educational program with resident and fellow interests.
- Providing broad-based training that encompasses all areas of PM&R and reflects trends and direction in the field of physiatry and in the brain injury medicine and sports medicine specialties.
- Training the PM&R leaders of tomorrow.
- The NYU School of Medicine, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine currently offers a 3 year residency program to achieve broad clinical competency in PM&R, 1 year fellowships in both brain injury medicine and sports medicine.
- The PM&R residency and fellowship training programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Residency and fellowship training at Rusk is a diverse experience in which residents and fellows establish a foundation and begin to construct the framework of knowledge that will pave their careers and place them at the forefront of medicine.
- Graduates are fully prepared to enter academic medical practice, community-based practice or fellowship training and will flourish in any environment.