At the NYU Langone Medical Center, our mission is the relief of human suffering caused by disease and disability through education, research and patient care. Pursuant of our mission, the Medical Center is committed to the highest standards in all areas of health care delivery, training and information.
Principles of Research Ethics:
- If I am involved in any way in developing research proposals or conducting research activities, I will ensure that my work is conducted with the highest ethical standards. All of my work will be consistent with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as Medical Center policies.
I will obtain all required approvals and follow all Medical Center guidelines, policies, and procedures, including those of the following:
- Institutional Review Board (IRB), for approval of all research involving human subjects
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), for approval of all research involving animal care and use
- Institutional Bio-safety Committee (IBC), for approval of all research involving recombinant DNA
- Sponsored Research Programs Administration (SPA), for guidance on complying with the fiscal requirements for government-sponsored research
- Office of Clinical Trials (OCT), which provides guidance and support for all aspects of clinical research, including contract negotiation, protocol development, informed consent for human subjects, and budgeting.
- I will never participate in research misconduct, such as making up results, changing results, or copying results from other studies and claiming them as my own.
- I will submit accurate, truthful, and complete accounting, record keeping, and billing records.
- I will comply with governmental and sponsor requirements, as well as these and other Medical Center policies and procedures.