Department of Ophthalmology
Our mission is to improve quality of life through the enhancement, preservation and restoration of vision.
The vision of NYU Langone Medical Center’s Department of Ophthalmology is to:
- Lead in eye care quality and access.
- Create and translate new ophthalmic and vision science and technology innovations from the laboratory to our patients.
- Educate future generations on the fundamentals and state of the art in eye health, disease and treatment.
We achieve these goals in a number of ways:
- Clinical patient care—NYU Langone Medical Center is rated among the top patient care institutions in the United States. We combine outstanding quality of personalized care with excellent service.
- Research—NYU’s Ophthalmology and Vision Science research focus on enhancement, restoration and regeneration of vision, including developing and implementing advanced diagnostic imaging technology and understanding visual pathways and perception in health and disease.
- Teaching—NYU Eye has a stellar teaching program, training seven residents per year in a three-year program. The program includes experiences at Bellevue Hospital, which has New York City’s busiest emergency room; Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn, another HHC institution; the Manhattan VA Medical Center; Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital; and the NYU Langone Medical Center Ambulatory Care Center Faculty Group Practice. Graduates go on to clinical, research, and clinician-scientist careers.
- We are one NYU Department of Ophthalmology, providing the same top quality of care at all locations and in all environments.
Pioneering Glaucoma Expert Appointed Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology at NYU Langone Medical Center. Read more ...