Carmen Hurtado del Pozo, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow
I graduated from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid with a degree in Biology. I received my PhD in Biology at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid in Spain.
The subject of my dissertation was to analyze the effects of obesity on the gene expression profile of subcutaneous and omental adipose tissue in obese versus lean patients by using DNA microarrays and real-time PCR, focusing on the study of the transcription factor ChREBP in human adipose tissue and human primary preadipocytes.
I joined the Diabetes Research Program in December 2011. My current research projects include investigating the role of RAGE in obesity.
- Daffu G, Shen X, Senatus L, Thiagarajan D, Abedini A, Hurtado Del Pozo C, Rosario R, Song F, Friedman RA, Ramasamy R, Schmidt AM. RAGE Suppresses ABCG1-Mediated Macrophage Cholesterol Efflux in Diabetes. Diabetes. 2015 Dec;64(12):4046-60.
- Litwinoff E, Hurtado Del Pozo C, Ramasamy R, Schmidt AM. Emerging Targets for Therapeutic Development in Diabetes and Its Complications: The RAGE Signaling Pathway. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Aug;98(2):135-44.
- Song F*, Hurtado del Pozo C*, Rosario R, Zou YS, Ananthakrishnan R, Xu X, Patel PR, Benoit VM, Yan SF, Li H, Friedman RA, Kim JK, Ramasamy R, Ferrante AW Jr, Schmidt AM. RAGE regulates the metabolic and inflammatory response to high-fat feeding in mice. Diabetes. 2014 Jun;63(6):1948-65. *Co-first authors
- Hurtado del Pozo C, Vesperinas-García G, Rubio MÁ, Corripio-Sánchez R, Torres-García AJ, Obregon MJ, Calvo RM. ChREBP expression in the liver, adipose tissue and differentiated preadipocytes in human obesity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011 Dec; 1811(12):1194-200. Epub 2011 Jul 30.
- Hurtado del Pozo C, Calvo RM, Vesperinas-García G, Gómez-Ambrosi J, Frühbeck G, Corripio-Sánchez R, Rubio MA, Obregon MJ. IPO8 and FBXL10: new reference genes for gene expression studies in human adipose tissue. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010 May; 18(5):897-903. Epub 2009 Oct 29.
- Hurtado del Pozo C, Calvo RM, Vesperinas G, Gómez Ambrosi J, Fruhbeck G, Rubio MA, Obregon MJ. Expression profile in omental and subcutaneous adipose tissue from lean and obese subjects. Repression of lipolytic and lipogenic genes. Obes Surg. 2011 May; 21(5):633-43.