Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC)
All cancer-related protocols at Perlmutter Cancer Center are required to be reviewed by the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee, also known as PRMC. Subject enrollment cannot begin until both PRMC and IRB approvals have been obtained and a Study Activation Notice has been received for that protocol.
The authority and responsibilities of the PRMC include:
- Determining whether a protocol is scientifically sound
- Assurance that a protocol is appropriately designed
- Evaluation whether protocol accrual goals are feasible for completion
- Monitoring of all cancer protocols for sufficient accrual and scientific progress
- Review and approval of amendments to active protocols
Studies which have been approved for enrollment will be reviewed annually, or more frequently at the discretion of the PRMC. Studies will be reviewed for accrual, changes in scientific merit, and changes in prioritization since last PRMC review.
INDs for Emergency Use and Single Patient INDs for Compassionate Use DO NOT required PRMC review.
Meeting Dates and Deadlines
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) provides administrative support for the PRMC. For more information on the PRMC please contact: PRMC Coordinator Mary Charlotin at 212-263-4406 or by email at email@example.com.