Medical Center is committed to the highest standards of ethical
and legal conduct in our business practices. In keeping with this commitment,
we are asking all employees of the School of Medicine and Hospitals Center
to complete a new Compliance and Information Security Training Program. The
program, which is available in web-based format as well as traditional classroom
format, is described in detail below. Thank you in advance for making this
required training one of your personal priorities.
WHAT DOES THIS TRAINING COVER?
Compliance and Information Security (HIPAA) training covers:
- Basic elements of fraud awareness and the NYU Medical Center
- Essential elements of Information Security (HIPAA).
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS TRAINING?
This training is required for all employees of both NYU School of Medicine
and NYU Hospitals Center.
HOW LONG IS THE TRAINING AND WHEN SHOULD I COMPLETE IT?
- The training for most employees will take approximately one
hour to complete.
- For employees with information technology
responsibilities (system administrators or application developers)
there is an additional hour of required Information Security
- Information Security Training must be completed by May 31.
- Compliance Training must be completed by August 31.
HOW IS THIS TRAINING BEING OFFERED?
- Web-based training is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Department-specific classroom training
can be arranged on a department-by-department basis as needed.
- A classroom version of Corporate Compliance
and Information Security will be available starting in May for
any front-line staff who have limited PC access.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE WEB-BASED TRAINING?
Web-based training can be accessed from any location where
there is an internet connection by logging into the NYU Medical
Center Compliance website at: http://www.med.nyu.edu/compliance/ and
selecting “Training” or by using the following direct link: http://www.med.nyu.edu/compliance/training/webtraining.html
Enter your first name, last name, Kerberos ID, and birth day and month.
If you do not know your Kerberos ID:
- Click on http://www.med.nyu.edu/directory/.
- Type in your last
- Double click on “search.”
- Double click on
- Your Kerberos
ID is listed on this screen.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR PHYSICIANS
- If you have proof that you have completed
the web-based compliance training offered by Bellevue Hospital,
you will not have to repeat the compliance portion of this training.
- However, you are required to complete 15 minutes of Information
Security (HIPAA) Training.
WHAT IF I NEED HELP USING THE WEB-BASED SYSTEM?
A brief guide, “Hints for Navigating Web-Based Training Screens,” is
available on the Compliance website at: http://www.med.nyu.edu/compliance/.
WHO SHOULD I CALL IF I HAVE TROUBLE SIGNING ON?
Call 1-516-478-4100 Extension 1 to reach the Health Care
Compliance Strategies, Inc.—the supplier of the web-based training
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS TRAINING PLEASE CONTACT:
Tom Feuerstein, Vice President, Audit and Compliance Thomas.Feuerstein@nyumc.org
Gretchen Segado Gretchen.Segado@nyumc.org (School
Sheila Furjanic Sheila.Furjanic@nyumc.org (Hospital)
Hai Ngo Hai.Ngo@nyumc.org (Information