IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING VISITING STUDENT ELECTIVES
DUE TO THE IMPACT OF OUR RECENT STORM, VISITING STUDENT ELECTIVES FROM NOW TO THE END OF DECEMBER (10/29 – 12/31) ARE CANCELLED. AT THIS POINT WE ARE UNABLE TO ASSIST WITH RESCHEDULING.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THIS UNFORTUNATE SITUATION AND HOPE YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN MAKING ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS.
Office of Registration/Student Records
New York University School of Medicine offers electives to students
enrolled in LCME accredited institutions who meet the following
- Completed appropriate prerequisite for the elective they wish to take.
- Completed training in Universal Precautions as required by OSHA and HIPAA training.
- Completed Basic Life Support certification
- Provide their own malpractice insurance.
- Submit proof of personal health insurance
- Submit a NYU Visiting Student Medical Clearance Form.
- Obtain permission of the Dean of their medical School to take an elective.
- Obtain approval by the Office of the Dean, New York University School of Medicine
Applications can be downloaded from the Visiting
Student Applications section.
Forward requests and applications to the appropriate individual. Make certain
that the name, department, and address are clearly indicated.
545 First Avenue, Suite 6M, New York, NY10016
462 First Avenue, New York, NY10016
Hospital for Joint Disease
301 East 17th Street, New York, NY10003
408 First Avenue, New York, NY10010
All visiting students must register with the Office of Registration/Student
Records located at Greenberg Hall, 545 First Avenue (directly opposite Main Building), 6th Floor - Suite 6M. New York University School of Medicine charges a one time $100.00 registration fee payable at registration (check or money order only) on the first day of
Students enrolled in non-lcme medical schools should view the
visting student non-lcme section.
The Association of American Medical Colleges(AAMC) has a website
containing extensive elective oportunities information (view