Excellence. Patient centered. Integrated.
Energy is pulsing through NYU Langone Medical Center as we strive to strengthen every facet of our mission. From the advances we’ve made in patient safety and quality to exciting new frontiers in education to taking ambitious new leaps in scientific research, NYU Langone is pushing the boundaries of medicine and science.
The trajectory and momentum of the Medical Center cannot be contained to only our campus. Outside indicators confirm the progress being made, including:
- Nationally ranked in 15 specialties by U.S. News & World Report in their “Best Hospitals” 2011-2012 issue, including being ranked in the top 10 in the U.S. for rehabilitation medicine, orthopaedics, and rheumatology and #11 for neurology and neurosurgery;
- Ranked #2 in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Regional Hospitals” 2011 – 2012 in the New York Metropolitan Region
- Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by The Joint Commission, reflecting our commitment to high-quality care;
- Designated as a Magnet site for nursing excellence in Tisch Hospital and the Rusk Institute, a distinction earned by fewer than 6 percent of all U.S. hospitals;
- Recipient of the Niagara Health Quality Coalition’s (NHQC) New York State Hospital Report Card Honor Roll for patient safety and quality in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Also recognized on 2011 NHQC America’s Safest Hospitals (SM) list, honoring hospitals that performed better than the state average in New York.