Last updated: 1/15/2013
NYU Langone Medical Center's main campus at 550 First Avenue is open for outpatient and inpatient services. A new Urgent Care Center is now open at 530 First Avenue.
- The Emergency Department is temporarily closed, but we have opened a twenty-four hour seven day a week Urgent Care Center with emergency department physicians and staff that can treat adult and pediatric walk-in patients for urgent health issues. See below for more information. Individuals experiencing a serious medical emergency should immediately call 911.
- Obstetrics and gynecology services have resumed, including labor and delivery, the KiDS of NYU Langone Neonatal ICU (NICU), Mother/Baby Unit, pediatrics, and the Laurence D. and Lori Weider Fink Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
- Physician Practices (FGPs) are open and most practices located in Skirball at 530 First Avenue and Schwartz Health Care Center (HCC) are back in their original office locations. See below for more detailed information, including practices still at temporary locations.
- Tisch Hospital has reopened for most inpatient services, procedures and surgeries - see below for a listing of services now available, except inpatient psychiatry. Lab testing services and the blood bank are open.
- The Outpatient Pharmacy on the 1st floor of HCC is open. Hours are from Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- 400 East 34th Street (Rusk building) remains closed.
- The Tisch gift shop and the Medical Center main campus cafeteria are temporarily closed.
- All other NYU Langone sites are operational and patient appointments have resumed.
Please see below for more detailed location-specific information.
To Our Patients
Last updated: 1/15/13
The Urgent Care Center at NYU Langone – 530 First Avenue
The Urgent Care Center is located on NYU Langone Medical Center’s main campus, at 530 First Avenue at 30th Street and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. See a map of the location of the Urgent Care Center.
The Urgent Care Center is staffed with adult and pediatric emergency medicine physicians and nurses and can handle a wide range of adult and pediatric conditions, such as:
- Chest pain – includes heart attack & stroke
- Infections (e.g. kidney)
- Breathing difficulties (i.e. asthma)
- Cold or flu
- Ear infections
- Fever or chills
- Muscle pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Respiratory infections
- Skin rashes and infections
- Sore throat or cough
- Sprains and strains
- Urinary tract infections
- Poison/toxic substances
- Potential broken limb
Individuals experiencing psychiatric emergencies, major trauma and other serious medical emergencies should call 911 to be referred to an appropriate Emergency Department.
Physician Offices (Faculty Group Practices) at NYU Langone
Most Physician Practices (FGPs) are open and have returned to their original locations. A few practices are still seeing patients at temporary locations.
View the list of practices that have returned to their original locations.
View the list of practices that have been temporarily relocated.
Physician Contact Information
Patients of all practices may also continue to contact your physician by using the e-mail addresses listed here . For ongoing updates, please visit the Faculty Group Practice homepage .
If you are not able to reach your doctor or the correct person through any of the phone numbers and information above, the Patient Relations line can receive your call between 8 am and 6pm at 212-263-6906.
Tisch Hospital and Schwartz Health Care Center (HCC) – 550 First Avenue
The inpatient and surgical services that are now available in Tisch Hospital and HCC include:
- Obstetrics and gynecology, including labor and delivery, the KiDS of NYU Langone Neonatal ICU (NICU), Mother/Baby Unit, pediatrics, and the Laurence D. and Lori Weider Fink Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- The Congenital Cardiovascular Care Unit
- Internal medicine
- Surgical transplant
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Interventional radiology
- Medical and surgical intensive care units
- Neurosurgery and the neuro-intensive care unit
- Non-invasive cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, and cardiovascular catheterization procedures
- Pediatric ambulatory surgery
- Post-anesthesia care units
Also open are the following supporting services:
- Blood bank
- Clinical laboratories and anatomic pathology
- Dialysis (consultation/bedside services)
- Radiology, including diagnostic x-ray, ultrasound, CT, Nuclear Medicine and MRI
- Respiratory therapy
Inpatient psychiatry, cardiac rehabilitation, and dialysis services remain temporarily closed with consultation/bedside services available at this time.
Lab Tests, Pharmacy and Blood Bank
The outpatient laboratory on the main campus (550 First Avenue) is open. The Outpatient Pharmacy on the 1st floor of HCC (Schwartz Health Care Center building) is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. The Blood bank is now open.
Clinical Cancer Center
The Clinical Cancer Center, Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children's Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, and NYU Langone at Columbus Medical are open. For questions or new appointments, please contact your doctor at their regular number or call 800-400-8566. For more information visit the Clinical Cancer Center website or the Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children's Center website .
Hospital for Joint Diseases
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) is fully operational. For questions, please call your doctor’s office, visit the HJD website , or contact the HJD Patient Assistance Line at 212-598-6336.
The Center for Musculoskeletal Care & Outpatient Surgery Center
The Center for Musculoskeletal Care (CMC) and the Outpatient Surgery Center are fully operational. For questions, please call your doctor’s office (click here for CMC phone numbers ). The Outpatient Surgery Center can also be reached at 212-263-1515.
Rusk Rehabilitation’s outpatient therapy and physiatry services at the Ambulatory Care Center and at The Center for Musculoskeletal Care are fully operational. Rusk’s inpatient rehabilitation services are being provided at 301 East 17th Street, in the Hospital for Joint Diseases. Visit www.NYULMC.org/rusk for more details; click here for contact information for these sites .
To Our Staff
Last updated: 11/4/12 -5:00pm
>> Facilities Status Update
>> Read a special message from Robert I. Grossman, MD, Dean and CEO
>> For All Faculty Group Practice Physicians and Staff
To Referring Physicians
Last updated: 12/17/12 - 5:00pm
>> Radiology Information for Referring Physicians
>> Pathology Services - Information for Referring Physicians
For NYU School of Medicine Students
Last updated: 01/07/2013
NYU School of Medicine’s educational programs have returned to near normal operations, including classroom and clinical training for medical students, residents and fellows. The Sackler Institute of Biomedical Sciences classes also continue.
To NYU School of Medicine Applicants
Last updated: 1/4/13
The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid is now located at 577 First Avenue. Interviews will continue through January 25, 2013. Please feel free to call, email , or use our IM system with any questions.