Application materials for the New York University School of Medicine
class of 2009 are currently available. Sophie Davis students from
the City University of New York Medical School of Biomedical Education
planning to transfer to NYU for their clinical years are encouraged
to apply at this time.
To download an application form click here: WORD
To download a recommendation form click here: WORD
The application consists of:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement:
Applications must be accompanied by a two-page personal statement
(typed and double-spaced) to be considered for the program.
The statement should address the following:
- Your interest in primary care and public health;
- What you hope to gain from the PCPHS Program
- A description of a scholarly project you would like to pursue
under the program, which includes:
- A potential research question
- Proposed New York City target population and/or community
- Methodology (e.g. interviews, surveys, focus group discussions,
database analysis, chart review, etc.)
- An explanation of how this project will make a positive
contribution to the community in which you plan to work
To download a sample project click here.
To download a list of project areas click here.
- Letter of Recommendation:
We ask that each applicant provide one letter of recommendation
from a faculty member. The faculty member need not
be from NYU SoM so long as the recommender can speak to your
interest in primary care and public health and recommend you
to the program.
Each applicant should provide an updated CV, which includes the
applicant's NYU SoM career.
All applicants will be interviewed by two members of the PCPH
Scholars Steering Committee.
All submitted application materials will be reviewed by the Steering
The 2006 PCPHS Program application is currently available via this
website. You may contact the program coordinator, Regina
Richter, if you have any questions regarding the application
Back to top