PatientSecure is a new, secure and faster patient registration system. The system uses proven biometric technology, scanning a unique physical feature of your hand. It simplifies patient registration and provides accurate patient identification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
- Yes. The device uses near-infrared light, which is harmless. This is the same light that is used in TV remotes.
How does it work?
- PatientSecure works by scanning the vein pattern of your palm. EVein pattern in a palm is unique to each person. The scan uses “near-infrared” light. The system takes the scan and creates an encrypted and protected digital image. This image is linked to your medical record.
Why scan my palm?
- Your palm contains a vein pattern that is unique to you. It is as distinct and complex as the pattern of blood vessels in the retina or your fingerprint.
What if I have concerns about giving my scanned palm image?
- This registration system is not mandatory for you to get patient care in this office, but it provides a quicker, more secure alternative.
What are some of the benefits of using PatientSecure?
- Enhanced patient safety, as it ensures that the registrar accesses your one, unique personal medical record and medical history.
- Because we’re registering your unique palm vein pattern and putting your photo to it, this will help us protect you from identity and medical theft.
- The system helps ensure your privacy – you won’t have to speak out loud your personal information every time you come for a visit.
- After you enroll, registration will be much faster the next time you come back to our office. You’ll just have to scan your palm, give your birth date, and you’ll be registered.
Why take my photo?
- We take your picture to protect your identity and medical chart. This way, we’ll be sure that no one else can claim to be you to access your information.