NYULMC in the News
- 2010 Dean’s Honors Day Held at NYU Langone Medical Center read more
- NYU Langone Scientists Find Key Pathway Implicated in Progression of Childhood Cancer
According to a new study, a protein crucial for the immune response appears to be a key player in the progression of a devastating form of childhood leukemia called T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Suppressing the activity of the protein...
- NYU Langone Medical Center’s Evgeny Nudler Receives 2010 Blavatnik Award For Young Scientists For His Breakthrough Research
New York, NY November 18, 2010—NYU Langone Medical Center announced that Evgeny Nudler, PhD, the Julie Wilson Anderson Professor of Biochemistry at NYU School of Medicine, was awarded the prestigious 2010 Blavatnik...
- Woven Together: What Happens When a Medical School and a Hospital Group Become Truly integrated?
Inside Healthcare - June 2009
by Jill Rose
Robert I. Grossman, MD, Saul J. Farber Dean and CEO, discusses his ambitious endeavor to transform the NYU Langone Medical Center into the "Medical Center of the future."...
- New York's Medical Elite
Avenue Magazine - November 2009
In article highlighting NYULMC as a "New York Medical Elite," Robert I. Grossman, MD, Saul J. Farber Dean and CEO, discusses what makes the Medical Center a leader in its field.
- NYU Langone Medical Center Convenes 2nd Annual Neuroscience Symposium
NYU Langone Medical Center held its second annual neuroscience symposium this week, made possible through a $100 million gift from the Druckenmiller Foundation to establish a state-of-the-art neuroscience institute at the Medical Center. Seven...
- In Medical School Shift, Meeting Patients on Day 1 to Put A Face on Disease
New York Times
For generations, medical students have spent two years in classrooms and laboratories, memorizing body parts and dissecting specimens, eagerly anticipating the triumphant third year when they would be immersed in...
- NYU Langone Medical Center Receives NIH Director's Transformative Research Projects Award
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced today that Martin J. Blaser, MD, the Frederick H. King Professor of Internal Medicine, has been awarded one of only twenty NIH Director's Transformative Research Projects award for research that...