FOR ALL STUDENTS AT ALL SITES:
- Teaching Attending Rounds with Mentor three times per week, usually 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, or as arranged.
- Saturday Conferences are held at 10:00 a.m. weekly in the Bellevue 17-West-13 Conference Room for all associates on Medicine at all sites. The conference leader will be Dr. Martin Blaser, Dr. Saul Farber or a Firm Chief, as on the attached schedule. Check the bulletin board outside the Chief Medical Residents’ Office each week for assignments and topics. One associate will present a case at each of these conferences, using the format for clinical presentations, in this packet, as a guide.
- Clinico-Pathological Conferences (CPCs) are held twice during the clerkship. All associates, at all sites, are required to participate. One week before each CPC, the Chief Residents will distribute the protocol, which will include history, physical examination, course, pertinent laboratory, radiologic and electrocardiographic data. All associates are to submit a diagnosis. Some associates will be asked to support their diagnosis with a formal presentation at the CPC.
- House Staff Noon Conferences cover additional core topics, and should be attended by student Associates at the hospital to which they are assigned. FOR ALL STUDENTS ON CAMPUS (BELLEVUE, TISCH AND THE VA):
- Core Conferences are held twice each week for all those at Bellevue, Tisch and the VA Hospital. They will be held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30am at different locations. Please see the "Tuesday/Thursday" lecture schedule for information requiring Topic and Location. Lectures will be run by the Medical Student Chief Resident, and the co-Chief residents. Any changes to this schedule will be emailed to you.
- Firm Chief Rounds will be held with your student group weekly or biweekly, at times to be determined by your Firm Chief.
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds are held weekly at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesdays in the Farkas Auditorium at the NYU School of Medicine, and should be attended by all Associates at Bellevue, Tisch and the VA Hospital. Grand Rounds are not held during the summer months.
- Humanistic Medicine sessions will be held weekly for students on campus.
FOR ALL STUDENTS AT BELLEVUE AND TISCH:
- Firm Chief Morning Report is held weekly at 9:00 a.m. on Thursdays at Bellevue Hospital and Tisch Hospital. Associates at those sites are expected to attend.