Submitting to the NYULMC IRB
New Studies (Initial Submissions)
- Determine if your project meets the definition of Human Subjects Research
- Determine the type of review your project will require from the IRB (IE: Exempt, Expedited or Full Board)
- Use Research Navigator to create your study's profile.
- When you're ready, use Research Navigator to submit your initial review request to the IRB (and all other relevant OSR administrative offices and ancillary review committees)
- There are a few MS Word-based IRB forms you need to fill out and attach to your study profile in Research Navigator in special circumstances. These include the IRB addenda for vulnerable populations and requests for a waiver of authorization of informed consent.
- If you have questions, consult the IRB's Guidance document appropriate to your project. If you still have questions after consulting the guidance, please contact us to reserve a block of time with one of our Scientific Managers who can assist you with your submission.
Submitting Items for an Existing (Approved) Study
Use Research Navigator to submit modifications, continuations, reportable new information and study closures to the IRB.
Accessing Research Navigator Outside of the NYULMC Network
The Research Navigator system lives behind the NYULMC network firewall. For access offsite, you will need to log in via atNYULMC.org. For detailed instructions on how to access Research Navigator offsite, please watch this video presentation: