I graduated from Harbin Medical University, School of Stromatology. I was certified as a prosthodontist after my residency in Beijing, China. I joined Dr. Schmidt’s research team at Columbia University Medical Center in 2001.
As part of the Diabetes Research Program at NYU Langone Medical Center, my research interests are (but not limited to): metabolism (physiology), metabolic syndrome/obesity/diabetes (pathology) and the role RAGE plays in multiple diabetes complications.
1. Reiniger N, Lau K, McCalla D, Eby B, Cheng B, Lu Y, Qu W, Quadri N, Ananthakrishnan R, Furmansky M, Rosario R, Song F, Rai V, Weinberg A, Friedman R, Ramasamy R, D'Agati V, Schmidt AM. Deletion of the receptor for advanced glycation end products reduces glomerulosclerosis and preserves renal function in the diabetic OVE26 mouse. Diabetes. 2010 Aug;59(8):2043-54. Epub 2010 Jul 13.
2. Xu Y, Toure F, Qu W, Lin L, Song F, Shen X, Rosario R, Garcia J, Schmidt AM, Yan SF. Advanced glycation end product (AGE)-receptor for AGE (RAGE) signaling and up-regulation of Egr-1 in hypoxic macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jul 23;285(30):23233-40. Epub 2010 May 27.
3. Bucciarelli LG, Ananthakrishnan R, Hwang YC, Kaneko M, Song F, Sell DR, Strauch C, Monnier VM, Yan SF, Schmidt AM, Ramasamy R. RAGE and modulation of ischemic injury in the diabetic myocardium. Diabetes. 2008 Jul;57(7):1941-51. Epub 2008 Apr 16.
4. Aleshin A, Ananthakrishnan R, Li Q, Rosario R, Lu Y, Qu W, Song F, Bakr S, Szabolcs M, D'Agati V, Liu R, Homma S, Schmidt AM, Yan SF, Ramasamy R. RAGE modulates myocardial injury consequent to LAD infarction via impact on JNK and STAT signaling in a murine model. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008 Apr;294(4):H1823-32. Epub 2008 Feb 1.
5. Toth C, Rong LL, Yang C, Martinez J, Song F, Ramji N, Brussee V, Liu W, Durand J, Nguyen MD, Schmidt AM, Zochodne DW. Receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGEs) and experimental diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes. 2008 Apr;57(4):1002-17. Epub 2007 Nov 26.
6. Bucciarelli LG, Kaneko M, Ananthakrishnan R, Harja E, Lee LK, Hwang YC, Lerner S, Bakr S, Li Q, Lu Y, Song F, Qu W, Gomez T, Zou YS, Yan SF, Schmidt AM, Ramasamy R. Receptor for advanced-glycation end products: key modulator of myocardial ischemic injury. Circulation. 2006 Mar 7;113(9):1226-34. Epub 2006 Feb 27.