At any pharmacy, purchase:
1. Two (2) 1_oz or one (1) 3oz bottle of Fleet Phosphosoda.
2. Fill prescription for Erythromycin and neomycin tablets.
On the day before your procedure:
1. Stay on a Clear Liquid diet.
2. At 12:00 PM: Drink 1_ oz of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed with
a glass of cool water or Ginger Ale. Drink one 8-oz. glass of
clear liquid immediately following the Fleet Phosphosoda.
3. Drink a minimum of three (3) more 8 oz glasses of clear
liquid until 8:00 PM.
4. At 3:00 PM: Take Erythromycin 500 mg and Neomycin 1000 mg with clear
5. At 4:00 PM: Take Erythromycin 500 mg and Neomycin 1000 mg with clear
6. At 6:00 PM: Drink 1_ oz. of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed with a _ glass
of cool water or Ginger Ale.
7. Drink at least three (3) more 8 oz glasses of clear liquids by midnight,
but feel free to drink as many clear liquids as you want until midnight.
8. At 10:00 PM: Take Erythromycin 500 mg and Neomycin 1000 mg with clear
Remember NOTHING to eat or drink after midnight
until after your
Please note the following:
• Stop aspirin and any anti-platelet medication for 5 days
before the procedure
unless otherwise specified by your physician.
• You may take regular non-aspirin medications as usual.
• If on Coumadin, or if you are a diabetic, please consult your physician.
• If on arthritis medication or any new medications, check with physician for
Please be sure to arrive at the hospital 2
hours before your scheduled procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet:
Fruit Juice without Pulp
Black Tea/Coffee (No milk or cream)
Crystal Light ®