At any pharmacy, purchase two (2) 1½oz or one (1) 3oz
bottle of Fleet Phosphosoda.
On the day before your procedure:
1. Stay on a Clear Liquid diet.
2. At 4:00 PM: Drink 1½ oz of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed
with a ½ glass of cool water or Ginger Ale. Drink one
8-oz. glass of clear liquid immediately following the Fleet Phosphosoda.
3. Drink a minimum of three (3) more 8 oz glasses of clear
liquid until 8:00 PM.
4. At 8:00 PM: Drink 1½ oz. of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed with a ½ glass
of cool water or Ginger Ale.
5. Drink at least three (3) more 8 oz glasses of clear liquids by midnight,
but feel free to drink as many clear liquids as you want until midnight.
Remember NOTHING to eat or drink after midnight
until after your procedure.
Please note the following:
- You will need a ride home from the procedure. (This policy
is required by the hospital)
- Stop aspirin and any anti-platelet medication for 5 days before the procedure
unless otherwise specified by your physician.
- You may take regular non-aspirin medications as usual.
- If on Coumadin, or if you are a diabetic, please consult your physician.
- If on arthritis medication or any new medications, check with physician
for specific instructions.
Please be sure to arrive at the hospital 2
hours before your scheduled procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet
(Do not eat or drink anything with Red Dye)
Fruit Juice without Pulp
White Grape Juice
Black Tea/Coffee (No milk or cream)
Crystal Light ®