At any pharmacy, purchase two (2) 1½oz or one (1) 3oz
bottle of Fleet Phosphosoda.
On the day before your procedure:
1. Until 1:00PM: Stay on a regular diet.
2. At 1:00PM: Start a Clear Liquid diet. (see below)
3. At 6:00 PM: Drink 1½ oz of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed with a ½ glass
of cool water or ginger ale. Drink one 8 oz glass of clear liquids immediately
following the Fleet Phosphosoda.
4. Drink at minimum of at least three (3) more 8 oz glasses
of clear liquid. Feel free to drink as many clear liquids as
On the morning of your procedure and four(4) hours prior
to your procedure:
1. At 8:00 AM: Drink 1½ oz of Fleet Phosphosoda mixed with
a ½ glass of cool water or Ginger Ale. Drink one (1) 8
oz glass of clear liquid immediately following the Fleet Phosphosoda.
2. Continue drinking clear liquids until four (4) hours prior to your procedure
Nothing more to eat or drink until after your
Please note the following:
- You will need a ride home from the procedure. (This policy
is required by the hospital)
- Stop aspirin and any anti-platelet medication for 5 days before the procedure
unless otherwise specified by your physician.
- You may take regular non-aspirin medications as usual.
- If on Coumadin, or if you are a diabetic, please consult your physician.
- If on arthritis medication or any new medications, check with physician
for specific instructions.
Please be sure to arrive at the hospital 2
hours before your scheduled procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet
(Do not eat or drink anything with Red Dye)
Fruit Juice without Pulp
White Grape Juice
Black Tea/Coffee (No milk or cream)
Crystal Light ®