1. Purchase the following:
a. Surfak 240 mg, 30 capsules
b. therapeutic multivitamin, 30 tablets
c. pain medication as prescribed
2. Take 1 vitamin tablet daily.
3. Take 1 capsule of Surfak daily. If movements become too frequent,
discontinue. You should take these for as long as you are taking pain
4. Take one to two pain medication tablets every 6 hours as needed.
5. Follow your usual diet on discharge from the hospital. Alcoholic
beverages may be used in moderation.
6. No driving while taking the narcotic pain medication.
7. You may remove the dressing by the 2nd day after surgery and take
a shower over the incision.
8. Call the office for an appointment, usually 2-3 weeks after discharge.
9. Call the office for any signs of infection from the incision: redness,
purulent dranage, fevers or chills.
10. Follow any special instructions given on discharge.