1. Purchase the following:
a. Surfak 240 mg, 30 capsules
b. therapeutic multivitamin, 30 tablets
c. pain medication as prescribed
2. Take 1 vitamin tablet daily.
3. Take 1 capsule of Surfak daily. If movements become too frequent,
discontinue. You should take these for as long as you are taking pain
4. Take one to two pain medication tablets every 6 hours as needed.
5. Do not take enemas or other laxatives except Surfak.
6. Follow your usual diet on discharge from the hospital. Alcoholic
beverages may be used in moderation.
7. You may take a shower or bath by the second day after surgery..
8. No driving or heavy lifting for a period of 6 weeks after surgery.
However you may ride in an automobile and climb stairs.
9. Call the office for an appointment, usually 2-3 weeks after discharge.
10. Follow any special instructions given on discharge.