Physician Investigator. a??In collaboration with Mariano Rey MD, (Dean for Community Health and Research. Director of the Institute for Community Health and Research. NYU School of Medicine), Carole Sigel (Director, Nathan Klein Institute)
Funded by Nathan Klein Institute and HHC CTSI.
This study aims to determine whether the widely used cut point for the depression screening instrument, PHQ-9, is equally valid for Mexicans and Ecuadorian Latino subgroups compared to Non Latino Whites.
1. Collaborative Care For Depression
2. Effect of an Innovative, Interactive, Web-Based Depression Teaching Module Incorporating the Principles of Chronic Disease Management on Physician Attitudes, Self-Efficacy and Behaviors. Program for Medical Education Innovations and Research (PrMEIR) Grant Recipient NYU/Langone Medical Center, NY. Research ongoing.
3. Depression Screening in Latino Primary Care Patients
4. Depression and Culture
5. Chronic Illness Care Management
6. Comprehensive Motivational Interventions (CMI): A brief adaptation of Motivational Interviewing skills that can be used to help patients and clients change behaviors and support self management.